We are 3 months into the pandemic in CT.
We are in our second phase of reopening.
The majority of the time I continue helping hypnotherapy clients online via Zoom or Facetime.
Some people don’t have privacy at home for a hypnosis session or they simply need to get out of the house and come into the office.
So we meet mask to mask, following guidelines to keep us all safe.
This is an “unprecedented time”. Initially, those foreign words made me sink deeper into the emotional shock I was experiencing.
I took care of myself. I worked all of the tools from my tool belt and I learned some new ones.
- I calmed my mind and my body by simply methodically tapping on myself with Emotional Freedom Techniques which is also known as EFT or Tapping.
- I went to bed earlier than usual to allow my body and my mind extra needful rest during this unbelievably challenging time. Many nights I went to sleep listening to my Yoga Nidra recordings.
- Some days I set the timer on my phone to get up periodically and walk myself around, checking in with myself to acknowledge what I was feeling. I would allow myself to feel the scary emotions and then say to myself out loud, “Even though I feel this scary emotion, I am choosing to be in the present moment. In the present moment, I am safe.”
From shock to sadness to acceptance of how very much our reality of how we lived our lives had become an unwelcome reality. We were all confronted with choices we never imagined we would have to make.
Time and time again we attempted to choose what was best for our well being and those around us. Some people began experiencing new levels of connectedness. Some people experienced the brokenness of already fragile relationships.
Some people discovered empowerment in asking themselves better questions…
- How can I make this a good moment, a good hour, a good day?
- Could I feel better if I speak to myself with kindness?
- In what ways can I strengthen my health?
And then the evidence of telling a better story on the inside began showing up!
- I am choosing to drink more water because I want the benefits of a well-hydrated brain and a well-hydrated body.
- I am choosing to speak to myself on the inside as I would speak to someone I care for.
- I am choosing to pull myself into the present moment when I notice I am feeling scattered.
- I am choosing to feel as if I have roots from the bottom of my feet to the center of the earth because I want to feel grounded and secure.
This isn’t about “positive thinking.” This is about realistic thinking. This isn’t about denying our emotions. This is about loving and accepting ourselves in the midst of our very real emotions.
To clean the house we have to see the dirt. To clean the house of our mind we have to begin to understand our thoughts create feelings. Thoughts are the language of the brain. Feelings are the language of the body. All thoughts and feelings are trying to tell us something.
Most of us would fix ourselves if we knew how.
If your car or computer is broken, do you try to fix it yourself if you don’t know about cars or computers? We need to go to someone who knows what they are doing to get the car or computer fixed. We need to see someone who has the knowledge and the skill to help us understand the house of our mind. You don’t need to be fixed! You just need some understanding and some simple tools.
Call me (Joann Dunsing) @ 203-907-7710 for your complimentary phone consultation. Let’s talk about how I can help you better understand your mind! Or click the button below and I’ll get back in touch with you as soon as possible.