Yes, there’s supposed to be an “s” on Techniques because there are multiple techniques we use with this modality which is also known as Tapping.
I even created my very own tapping technique! I affectionately call it, Pacing and Tapping. I was doing it, so I decided to name it and claim it and use it in my practice.
I wanted to change a particular personal behavior that was not giving me the quality of life I wanted. I knew it would be hard work to get my emotional freedom but I was committed to getting it.
I knew if I changed what I believed in, I could then change the way I was doing the unwanted behavior. BUT, I had No idea what I was believing in which was creating the unwanted behavior.
I also knew if I created a mental strategy to get my Emotional Freedom, then the hard work would not only become possible but possibly even easy. And of course, I was looking to have some Fun in the process!
Mental Strategy #1
- Set the standard for the personal work just like I initially do with my clients; (In other words, treat myself like a client.)
- Speak to myself like I would speak to someone, I love and respect.
- Be Kind to myself.
- Be Gracious to myself.
- Be Compassionate to myself.
- Be Forgiving of myself.
Mental Strategy #2
Black and White, the actual strategy.
I pulled out my two page worksheet titled, What is the Truth?
Remember, I didn’t know what I believed in which was causing the unwanted behavior which I was committed to changing. YIKES!!
Not a problem, because I now had my Mental Strategies in place.
Ready, set, Gooooo!!!
I sat with my mint green worksheet titled, What is the Truth?
Step 1 states — Think about a situation in your life you are struggling with. (Example: weight, smoking, unwanted emotions/thoughts)
I was OUT of my chair!! I could not remain seated!! What was I going to do?!! I was being hit with Overwhelming emotions and my body was Reacting with Overwhelm.
I was committed to getting my Emotional Freedom and I couldn’t even sit with it.
Hence, Pacing and Tapping went into Action!!!
- I was Pacing and I was Tapping and I was saying out loud;
- Even though I can’t even sit with this, I am choosing to love, honor and respect myself.
- Even though these emotions are so overwhelming, I am choosing to Pace and Tap through this to the point where I Can sit with it.
When I calmed my system enough with the Pacing and Tapping, I sat with it.
Step 2 states — Acknowledge the facts. Ask yourself; what is the painful “truth” about this situation? (Just the facts, please – no judgment, no explanations, NO stories)
- The truth is – I want to stop this particular behavior.
- The truth is – I feel frustrated because I don’t even know what I believe in which is creating the behavior.
- The truth is – I am committed to getting my Emotional Freedom by doing my planned Mental Strategies because I know when people change what they believe in, they Can change their lives.
I was doing good. I was very pleased with my progress at that point. I was moving onto…
Step 3 states — Identify your feelings. Ask yourself: What does this evoke? (Example: fear, sadness, hopelessness, etc.)
I was OUT of my chair again!!!
I Paced and Tapped until I could sit with it again.
With worksheet in hand, utilizing Emotional Freedom Techniques and staying determined to my commitment, I GOT MY EMOTIONAL FREEDOM!!!!
Through the gentle process of EFT my mind was safe to reveal the limiting beliefs of the particular behavior I wanted to change.
It was hard work for me as I travailed alone in the highly emotional process using gentle EFT and all of my skills.
You don’t have to do it alone.
As a Skilled Practitioner, I know the art of delivery in asking questions that lead to core issues. I know how to calm you and enable you to get Your Emotional Freedom.
Are you ready to get Your Emotional Freedom? I bet You Are! Call Joann Dunsing, experienced EFT practitioner and hypnotist at 203-907-7710 or click the link to contact me today.
If you’re curious to see EFT Emotional Freedom Techniques aka Tapping in Action, click on the hyperlink http://joanndunsing.com/eft-emotional-freedom-technique-tapping/. Enjoy!